troubleshooting rough idle after engine warms up in a Mack 2001 460 engine

Frank45

We had lots of complaints on that year model engine but mostly the 427.  Whole engine shakes at idle , but rev it up past 850 rpm and its fine and no low power complaints. Mack had a engine software update to help.  Looking in my 'VMAC 3  software and data file part number" bulletin, it looks like they had a service file for " Misfire/white smoke" for your truck.  Whats the model and last 6 of your VIN and I can check and see its its been installed. 

• 2 years later...
On 1/4/2018 at 9:04 AM, Mackpro said:

We had lots of complaints on that year model engine but mostly the 427.  Whole engine shakes at idle , but rev it up past 850 rpm and its fine and no low power complaints. Mack had a engine software update to help.  Looking in my 'VMAC 3  software and data file part number" bulletin, it looks like they had a service file for " Misfire/white smoke" for your truck.  Whats the model and last 6 of your VIN and I can check and see its its been installed. 

I know it's been a couple of years but I have the same problem on a 2000 E7-460. Runs perfect at startup but after warm up and driving it has a misfire at idle and pops smoke. No smoke when driving other than when grabbing gears.  

Cx613 last 8 of vin yw005685  if you wouldn't mind looking to see if it's been updated? Greatly appreciate it!

Edited by Vision 618

• 4 weeks later...