MH door adjustment

My MH driver side door has never latched properly-needed to be slammed to latch. Also I could not lock and unlock the driver door with the key. I replaced my exterior latches and lock sets. The passenger door works like a charm but I still cannot lock and unlock the driver door. I think the latch is adjusted too tight and there is too much tension for the key to unlock the door. The latch on the door seems to have a fixed position (not adjustable) and I am having trouble with the post on the jam. It appears to be adjustable and I finally have it loose but it does not want to slide away from the cab to lessen the tension on the door. Suggestions??

Fred

I spent many a frustrating day with mine, you may need to elongate the slot for the post on the jam to move it in in some, is the door flush on the outside?

the two rod system on the lock and handle needs to be tweeked a bit by adjusting the length of the lock rod to ensure the handle opens the door, on one of my doors the lock rod needed to be 1/8" longer so I had to re-bend the end of the rod... air door lock had its issues too

send me an email, I might have a few photos.... but even changing the door latches made little difference, it was the two rods that fixed my problems.

and when the door wouldn't unlock inside or outside I had to remove the trim and panel with the seat in the way... good times..!!!

BC Mack