Crew Cab PayStar 5000's

kscarbel2

So what began with me reading that Egypt is in the market for new howitzers caused me to note the tractor of course, and it looked to me like a 4-door PayStar 5000. Except I'm not aware of any having been built (Daily Diesel, one of our International experts, can correct me).

image 2.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 8/1/2017 at 11:17 AM, kscarbel2 said:

So what began with me reading that Egypt is in the market for new howitzers caused me to note the tractor of course, and it looked to me like a 4-door PayStar 5000. Except I'm not aware of any having been built (Daily Diesel, one of our International experts, can correct me).

image 2.jpg

Well, I read the late 70's through early 90's section of IHC Trucks by Mr. Crismon and found no mention of crewcab trucks which if produced in house by International I would have expected to receive full coverage. There were plenty of photos and notes regarding the daycab units purchased by Saudi Arabia but never mention of Egypt.

How are relations between the two countries? I wonder if Egypt bought these units second hand. Either way, the main question remains unanswered....for now.

• 3 weeks later...

International 7000-MV Brochure (PDF) - https://www.navistardefense.com/staticfiles/navistardefense/vehicles/7000-mv/7000_mv/7000-MV.pdf

International 7000-MV 2-door extended cab "walk around" - http://www.primeportal.net/trucks/daryl_nightingale/navistar_truck/

No surprise the tandem rear axle has a Hendrickson suspension. The U.S. military has always spec'd their tandem axle Internationals with Hendrickson suspensions going back the 2-1/2 ton model M-5-6 6x6 of World War 2. (Most of International's WW2 military truck production went to the U.S. Navy and Marines)