Drag Link Or Pitmam Arm Removal.

2004 CX 613.

Boy, have I got an issue. When I bought the truck, I knew the steering gearbox leaked. It's at the point it has to be fixed. So, I called Weller in Grand Rapids, and they've got one ready for me to swap out. But I can't get either the pitman arm, or the drag link off. I'm sure if I'm willing to 'eff up the drag link end with a BFH, I can get it out. But I can't find any information about a new end to press back in for the one I'm about to destroy. I live within easy driving distance to Weller's shop. And the guy told me he would change the pitman arm for me for free. But I can't get the box off to take in without getting one of these two things loose. I hate to even deal with the dealership.

Does anyone know if the ends on the drag link are replaceable? They're just like a ball joint. Or, will I have to buy the whole damn drag link? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Flat Work

General Rule of thumb dealing with steering linkage 

if no puller available

when U hit with hammar it springs from the supporting arm

so place a jack and jack up with a tuch of weight on jack n as close to the joint as possable

use nuther nut ot turn the castled nut upside down n screw on till the nut n thread are flush

one sharp blow from the BFH or FBH should either fix it .............. or Farq it

LOL

cya

§wishy