HELP! Need Coil for 1959 ENF707C Gas Engine

RCGadsby

HELP!  Trying to find a modern replacement for the coil on my 1959 B95 Mack fire truck.  The engine is an ENF707C gasoline with typical fire service dual ignition setup and positive ground.  Any ideas would be very much appreciated!

BobG

Hayden, Idaho

6 hours ago, RCGadsby said:

HELP!  Trying to find a modern replacement for the coil on my 1959 B95 Mack fire truck.  The engine is an ENF707C gasoline with typical fire service dual ignition setup and positive ground.  Any ideas would be very much appreciated!

BobG

Hayden, Idaho

Try a shop that sells or lists parts ( like Lucas ) for  British cars. Some John Deere tractors are also 12 volt positive ground.Maybe NAPA ?  Be sure to i.d. if the old coil has internal or external resistor Not have the correct resistor will eat points.

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE