E9 throttle return spring/ bracket question

Hey all, we have a 89 Superliner with the E9 and the throttle return for the Ambac Vee style injection pump seems like something is missing, the dealer is showing two return springs, we only have one, and the bracket that the spring mounted to seems to be bent. all in short it sometimes does not return all the way without some toe assistance, it is a cable throttle not air. does anyone have a "correct" picture of the throttle return setup? or can explain where the springs go and what they hook to?

Thanks All!

Both of mine have two springs. One goes straight back to a tab next to the turbo and the other goes straight up to a tab welded onto the bracket that holds the  power steering  reservoir.

• Like 1

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Awesome! thank you very much for the pictures that clarifies a lot, I still have the tab intact for the vertical spring, the horizontal spring and its components are completely gone, the tab by the turbo is that on the valley cover?  The tab for the vertical spring which way was it originally? straight out, bent at a 90*, bent down? Our tab looks like at one point it was straight up but now looks like its bent downward.

Thanks all.

Edited by wrenching4life
picture

Yes, the horizontal tab is on the valley pan, Your picture is the one for the vertical spring but I'm not  sure which direction it should face since mine are broke off. But I can't see it being straight out since it won't have much strength. If you would want a stiffer pedal, you could move it up to the upper hole.

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have any more insight on the return spring tabs? It seems the vertical spring tab makes the most sense to aim straight down (correct me if I am wrong), does the spring that attaches to the valley bolt mount/attach real close to the bolt head? or is it a longer tab?

Thanks All!

• 2 weeks later...