05 CXN613 Fan drive

I have problem Getting a Fan drive to Work after serpentine belt broke and take Fan control wires with it. I fix the wires butt now its engaged all the time. 

Check for 12V and other wires for 5V 

its not getting any, all wires are dead

No codes, butt if I pull fuse out I'm having 

code for "fan output" 

if anybody can help me troubleshoot this thing  its a Behr fan drive

Thanx

Edited by megatron

Thank you Mackpro, look like I will have to do several testing to this drive to determine what happened to this drive or harness. I think at the time belt cut the harness something get shorted.... :blink:

I just don't understand how come there no any codes? :wacko:

Edited by megatron

Can't find nothing wrong, unless some sensor keeping fan on. At a time this happens with a belt I move truck of the road and trying to keep eng temp below 220 so don't know if I mess up a sensor or something butt I don't know how to check sensor unless I hook comp to it that I don't have

All the Tech's here have made a jumper harness that puts 12 volts and ground to the fan itself. If you run engine for 10 minutes with jumper installed , fan should disengage. Even when this fan is working correctly, it could take 15 min to disengage in very cold weather. Fan should never be locked solid. IF you cant turn fan without slipping the pully on the fan belt then the fan clutch is locked solid and you have to replace it. 

It shut of with 12V direct input, now I don't know what to do, is there any way to check if any sensor keeping it on? Everything worked fine before belt broke and cut Fan Drive harness. 

I need advice 

Edited by megatron

That's what I just think about, I check all procedure troubleshooting and nothing wrong unless wrong info getting in ECU and that's why it's on. Will plug a comp on it and find out I guess. I hope I can find a problem, fuel mileage drops fast with fan on... thanx Mackpro your info where really helpful now I understand this Visco thing a lot better than when I started messing with it

Always remember that these Behr  fans never totally unlock and free wheel  like an air fan clutch. Also they should never be totally locked solid like an air fan  as well.  If the clutch/fan is locked solid to the pulley and the only way to turn the fan is to slip the belt then the fan clutch is bad and needs to be replaced.  Also in cold weather it can take quite a while for them to disengage . 

This is going to be one hard to find since we check everything OK , the only questionable item was FAN speed sensor.... butt no Foult Code by ECU. Pin No5 don't have 12V or any power, since harness is checked OK the only 2 things can be wrong. Something burn inside ECU at a time that belt broke and cutt a Fan wires, or this ECU need a good Fan Speed sensor reading to activate Power to operate Fan drive. Actually I can't get info of how this ECU is programmed and what Parameters it need to do it. Does it control Ground and hot wire or just ground ( all wires coming out of ECU)

Only test I can try is Feed 12V on the pin No5 together with harness connected and see how ECU will respond... 

😩😩 or take truck to dealer and ... and... just tell them to fix it $$$$ I will change my Megatron to Behr Mack Fan drive EXPERT

I WISH I newer sold my dear 99 Mack CH613 with almost 2mil miles on it was a Champion of roads

Edited by megatron