MP10 info

PRT

It should bolt on but there will be some differences. Transmissions use SAE sizes for bell housings to keep it simple for engine manufactures and transmission manufactures. Newer MP motors use a flywheel housing engine mount where as your older mack engines use a bellhousing mount. Keep in mind that a 12 speed may not be up to the task of holding the torque output of a mp10.

• Like 1

The 12 sp held up behind Freakin Cranked up V8 No problem in that sense it would be fine in my opinion  how ever the mount on the engine would put extra stress on the trans  bellhousing area that might be an issue!

If your looking for more gears you have the option of a Aux trans but you need to be carefull the engine ECU needs to be tweaked to accept the use of the extra gears!

Edited by fjh
  • Like 1

Thank you, I had forgotten about the engine mount issue. It actually is behind a E-9. The motor is getting a bit tried and I was thinking about just upgrading the motor. I am a big, big fan of the 12 speed.  

Maybe it may just be worth finding a rebuild kit for the E-9. It is getting hard to find a pump shop to work on it to tweak for power and stay in the 6 mpg range.

MP10 (2060 lb-ft torque) should specifically matched T310ME21, T313 21, T 318 21, T313LR21 or T318LR21. All 5 of these transmissions are rated to 2100 lb-ft. If you have a MP10 - 1860 lb-ft Engine you are good to match with any of the T300 or T200/T100 transmissions. I have to look at V8 specs but for transmissions HP is not a issue as much as torque is. Though HP= (Torque x RPM)/5252 , most of the time higher HP is achieved at higher RPM and not necessarily at higher torque.