Replace chassis air lines?

933Scope

New member - great forum. I've been looking to purchase a historic piece of fire apparatus and finally got a chance to inspect one for sale that is within my budget. FD had maintenance records that I went through. One note I found on a repair order was likely from the mechanic doing some brake work (air brakes). It stated something to the effect that the air/brake lines were hardened and beyond service life and should be replaced (about 26 yrs).  It didn't seem as though this was done. Would this be expected for a 25-30 yr old chassis and anyone have a ballpark on what this would cost? I'm assuming this is replacement of nylon/rubber material lines and not metal. Flexible, non-metallic lines would seem easier and less labor cost to replace, but maybe I'm missing something or my assumptions aren't accurate. Thanks in advance for any information.

Everyone has gone to the nylon type of air lines now. They are not expensive nor difficult to do. The only hang up might be getting some of the old fittings out to replace them with the new fittings that accept the hose.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!