MP7 cup copper removal

c-mac

I just pulled the 6 copper cups from an 07 MP7. The last one left the tip in the head. I was using the puller that grips the larger area inside the cup. I have replaced many sets of stainless cups on mp8's. Any ideas on getting the piece out? I have the correct Mack tools to Install the new stainless cups for an mp8, Do you use the same tool to swedge the stainless cup in the mp7?

Edited by c-mac

As 689 said, the old tools with the tap and puller is the only way you're going to get that out. Unless your luck is like mine.

I broke one off in a d12 because I got lazy and didn't get it tapped all the way through. When I tried to tap it the rest of the way, it fell into the cylinder. Had to pull the head.

20 minutes ago, steeler said:

As 689 said, the old tools with the tap and puller is the only way you're going to get that out. Unless your luck is like mine.

I broke one off in a d12 because I got lazy and didn't get it tapped all the way through. When I tried to tap it the rest of the way, it fell into the cylinder. Had to pull the head.

Been there as well, not fun.