*BOOM* "WTF?"

RowdyRebel

So sitting here last night there was what sounded like an explosion which shook the whole house...thought for sure the Dyno Nobel plant up the road had a mishap, but nope...just an earthquake. Wasn't anything like the last ones around here that rumbled a little as the ground rolled...this was just a loud "BOOM" with a quick shudder.

http://www.wsiltv.com/story/31858621/earthquake-near-illinois-kentucky-border

Anyone else feel it?

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Yeah, those are what I call type 2.  Type 1 are the ones you hear roaring up ,then everything sways around.  Type 2, you hear a pop or boom and everything shakes. Type 1 seem to last longer, but type 2 are a more violent action. 

How far are you from the New Madrid fault? 

Ours in Oklahoma are the shallow (man-made?) ones,  some might say they originate down in the "Chesapeake",  along the "Continental" line.  

I could be in New Madrid, MO in about an hour. First quakes I felt were centered up in IN...5.4 or something like that. This one was closer in KY, though not quite as high on the scale.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!