07' Cxn-613 "460" Struggling In The Power Dept.

Donny59

I took delivery of my 07' Vision two years ago. Ever since i picked it up i have been absolutely disappointed in the power since the day i picked it up. When i expressed my concerns with my local dealer i was told that it is what it is. I have had nothing but problems since day one and its only getting worse. It now has 132,000 miles on it and already have replaced a blown turbo, locked up water pump, exhaust gas cooler, two horton clutch fans, and an air compressor. Thank god all covered under warrenty. Now im having problems with very inconsistant boost pressure, which i have made an appointment to get looked at. I was hoping someone can help me and tell me is there a way to get this thing turned up while its there. Cause it feels as if my dealer is just blowing me off when i ask them. Also is there a pc program and cable that i can buy for my laptop so i can plug this thing in and start to monitor and diagnose some of these issues on my own? I wish Watts was closer to Chicago so i could just take it there!!!!!

I took delivery of my 07' Vision two years ago. Ever since i picked it up i have been absolutely disappointed in the power since the day i picked it up. When i expressed my concerns with my local dealer i was told that it is what it is. I have had nothing but problems since day one and its only getting worse. It now has 132,000 miles on it and already have replaced a blown turbo, locked up water pump, exhaust gas cooler, two horton clutch fans, and an air compressor. Thank god all covered under warrenty. Now im having problems with very inconsistant boost pressure, which i have made an appointment to get looked at. I was hoping someone can help me and tell me is there a way to get this thing turned up while its there. Cause it feels as if my dealer is just blowing me off when i ask them. Also is there a pc program and cable that i can buy for my laptop so i can plug this thing in and start to monitor and diagnose some of these issues on my own? I wish Watts was closer to Chicago so i could just take it there!!!!!

The dealer should call in to Mack and see if any new updated downloades/software are available. This is the first thing we always do when checking for low power. We have alot of issues with incorrectly speced trucks(wrong gear ratios and tire sizes). This can throw the truck out of its tourque curve and HP curve and some ASET engines are picky about that. Is the engine a 460P or 460E? Does the dealer have a dyno? If all else fails call Mack and complain 1-800-866-1177 and keep complaining. We are a dealer and when we had issues with trucks that we could not fix, we call our DSM (distric service manager)and a Mack Engineer and they get us help or info for the problem. We dont always have the answers but we know who to call that does. The interface for the lap top is around $1000 and the software is about $550-650

The dealer should call in to Mack and see if any new updated downloades/software are available. This is the first thing we always do when checking for low power. We have alot of issues with incorrectly speced trucks(wrong gear ratios and tire sizes). This can throw the truck out of its tourque curve and HP curve and some ASET engines are picky about that. Is the engine a 460P or 460E? Does the dealer have a dyno? If all else fails call Mack and complain 1-800-866-1177 and keep complaining. We are a dealer and when we had issues with trucks that we could not fix, we call our DSM (distric service manager)and a Mack Engineer and they get us help or info for the problem. We dont always have the answers but we know who to call that does. The interface for the lap top is around $1000 and the software is about $550-650

If all else fails call Mack and complain 1-800-866-1177 and keep complaining.

:angry: WHAT HE SAID!

I have always heard that the squeaky wheel get the grease. If you are having trouble now, imagine what will happen when the warranty expires. Document every compliant, insist on having each and every one listed on a work order, and insist on a copy of the finished work order. Even if they say something is normal, or they can't find a problem. Get it all in writing, and save it all. Then if the sucker hand grenades two days after warrant runs out, you may have enough leverage to get something done.

I have always heard that the squeaky wheel get the grease. If you are having trouble now, imagine what will happen when the warranty expires. Document every compliant, insist on having each and every one listed on a work order, and insist on a copy of the finished work order. Even if they say something is normal, or they can't find a problem. Get it all in writing, and save it all. Then if the sucker hand grenades two days after warrant runs out, you may have enough leverage to get something done.

Very good advice!

Play the game corectly and you will always have a wild card !

after warrenty care is called policy adjustment!Keep track of every exhast gasket job every turbo that blows ect!Its all ammo!But don't forget this engine is an inherited problem in Volvos Eyes!A Mack made problem not a Volvo made problem.The engine refinements are getting slim on the Mack built stuff!The new gen Mack /Volvo Stuff Will get the full atention from the audiance.IF you squeal long and hard they may even talk you into a new gen truck for not much more money!The MP engines seem to be reliable for the most part as well as getting Better fuel economy .Somthing to think on!

Its a 460P and is that software and interface availible through the dealer?