Unusual Old Mack

I'm trying to get my hands on a truck here in Northern CA and I've got some questions about who built it. It started as a 4 cylinder, chain drive, light weigth AC. Sometime after that it was converted to it's current state using an early B model hood, cowl band and radiator. The frame is now a rivited triple frame using the AC suspension. The engine is a Mack 6 cylinder but the rest of the drive train is AC. The cab is an AC with the cowl being modified to fit the B hood. I've seen pictures of another truck converted just like this one and heard that they were done by a company in the Los Angeles area. Anyone heard of this or have any info on these trucks. I can't understand why anyone would go to this much trouble when they could have just bought an F model?

post-463-1225999643_thumb.jpgpost-463-1225999611_thumb.jpg

:SMOKIE-LFT:

Hi all;

Sorry,don't know much if anything about this truck,but it sure looks a real lot like the dumps they used to build the dam down by Vegas. I've seen 'em in books and articles on the Hoover Dam project. It'd be a way cool project truck-hope you get it!

Why anyone would build one rather than buying it is a good question-must be a particular combination of features the owner wanted that wasn't available at that time. :idunno:

Speed

:SMOKIE-RT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>