88 Em6-300l Boost Numbers.

genster

So i got to running my 88 Dm the other day with the new boost gauge and pyro on it. we changed the max rpm from 16-1700 to 2100. it has decent power, but only makes about 16 psi @ 800 degrees. is this about normal? i want to crank the pump up a little, so how many turns of the screw would you guys start with? thanks.

Which injection pump? ambac or bosch.? try a moderate amount first.

I often wondered why somebody doesnt make an after market aneroid device that has a longer travel than the factory bosch one.... allowing for a greater increase in "turning the pump up" without getting all the black smoke..

Which injection pump? ambac or bosch.? try a moderate amount first.

I often wondered why somebody doesnt make an after market aneroid device that has a longer travel than the factory bosch one.... allowing for a greater increase in "turning the pump up" without getting all the black smoke..

bosch pump. is there an easy way to check for air leaks? can i take the intake tubes off from the turbo to the manifold and plug the ends and psi test it? is that basically how they do it?

bosch pump. is there an easy way to check for air leaks? can i take the intake tubes off from the turbo to the manifold and plug the ends and psi test it? is that basically how they do it?

Yes.

Cap one end, and make up a fitting to hook up a shop air line to the other end. Put a regulator in the shop air line and set it to about 10 PSI.

While the charge air cooler is pressurized to 10 PSI, spray soap suds (Mr. Clean in a spray bottle works well)on the exterior of the cooler. You will see bubbles at the site of the leak. Usually the leak is at the "hot" end (where the turbocharged air enters the cooler) right where the core is attached to the side header.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"