Front Axle Hub Cap Is This Right?

r600

can anyone tell me is this fitted right someone said its ment to go on the outside of the stemco cap???thanks adrian

It looks correct to me, the plug should be hour glass shaped and the part that goes inside is tappered so it can be started in the plastic lens easily. One thing though, there should be a vent hole (very small) in the center of the plug so as the oil gets hot it can expand without blowing the plug out.

Good Luck

Dak49

I never worked on dayton wheels but I do believe you have the setup backwards. The hub cap must go on first to ensure a proper seal and then the half moon bracket goes on top of that. Then you just bolt it up.

Hi Adrian, one of the R models I have has the remnants of that setup and it is as Thad posts. I believe you have them mounted backwards.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

thanks too all the guys for your help.the bloke i got the plate from said they went on the outside but didnt seam to fit???will let you know how i go,thanks again adrian B)

Yeah mate youve got it right. I went through the same thing with our F model. It wont fit on the outside. I just ran grease in the front hubs, and put silastic on both sides of the hubcap adaptor.

Yeah mate youve got it right. I went through the same thing with our F model. It wont fit on the outside. I just ran grease in the front hubs, and put silastic on both sides of the hubcap adaptor.

hey skip needed you 2 weeks ago,but what i did was where the cut out for the drain is cut about 10 mm out andit fits,thanks again to all help,adrian