2007 vision mp7 loss of power

green4440

Just joined this site a few days ago and already looking for help...just bought 2 2007 visions with the pre dpf mp7 from an online auction in Texas. I'm on my way back to kentucky from Texas one of the trucks died suddenly going down interstate 30 and now I'm stranded 8 hrs from home. Truck runs a little but really rough. Full of fuel. Acts like it's not getting fuel. Crack open the secondary filter and it sucks a little air then it cranks and runs ok for a second then back to bad. Spitting codes for low fuel pressure and #1 injector. Was going to change fuel filters and the only one the local auto parts store had was the primary. Changed it and no better results. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Forgot to mention also that I tried pumping the hand primer as it was running to try to give it an extra boost and the primer pump felt kinda light like it wasn't pumping any fuel. Don't know if that could be of any help diagnosing. Thanks for the reply wheeler73. I've been doing a lot of reading on injector cups and such evidently that's quite an issue with them

• Like 1

Yes it is. Those engines can't be upgraded to conical injectors. The only thing you can do is install cups with combustion washers and the 38mm injector hold downs and torque them to the new spec which is 15 ftlbs then 180 degrees, back them off to 11 ftlbs. Then tighten to 15 ftlbs and then 90 degrees. Also whenever a valve adjustment is don recheck the torque on the injectors. There is a special adapter and procedure.

Thanks for your reply wheeler. It wound up being a plugged banjo fitting from the ecm plate. Thanks to staxx and mackpro68 also in an older post. This thing must have algae in the fuel or something, had to stop about 10 times in an 8 hr trip to take the fuel lines off and blow them out but finally made it. Never had any experience with algae in fuel, any pointers?

• 3 weeks later...