drop in engine e-7 etech

• 1 month later...

A 427 & a 460 are the same engine exactly. A computer setti g is the differance. It takes about anhour to program it. A 427 is 1550 lbs of torque and a 460 is 1660 lbs. You only change parts if you are going the 460/480 hp or the 460/487 hp. I have a 99 ch 613 w/a 427 programed to 460. I took out the 13 spd and put in a 18 spd. Out pulls a lot of trucks.

I have an '87 MH600 with a 350 and 12 speed trans. She is a great pulling, comfortable truck. It has done a heck of a job for me for 15 years. The problem is that the work that I do requires me to have a '94 or newer truck or engine. I really don't want to part with her. How involed would it be to put in an E7-427? I called Mawk industries about a wiring harness and they just make them for Cats,cummins and Detroits. I have about 10-12 grand to play with. What would be involved? Would an E7 match up to my 12 spd? Is it worth it financially? I make my living driving so on the one hand I might have to buy something newer, but My MH is such a good reliable truck, I hate to get rid of her. Thanks, Mike