Camelback suspension

I have 44k camelback rears. Just had suspension totally rebushed about a month ago at mack dealer.is there an alignment for this because I was looking at suspension today and the tandems look out of alignment.it has rubber bushings not brass.nothing seems loose.does the trunion need grease on tube?or is this stationary. The reason I asked about alignment is because rubber blocks and bushings fit into place, and it seems like you just torque down bolts.

If you have rubber bushings and open trunnions design it is a 38k suspension. 44k and larger used brass or steel bushes enclosed behind a cap. If axles seem misaligned, measure them to see. Broken leafs or loose ubolts would be easy suspects.

No, the rubber bushing was offered on 44,000lb camelback suspensions. And it should have a transverse torque rod.

Did you buy Mack or aftermarket rubber trunnion bushings? What's the part number you bought?

You should have used Mack part-no. 10QK219P2, and coated them with 20 weight non-detergent oil (per the Mack service bulletin) at installation.

• Like 1

Thank you KS, I stand corrected. Rubber 44s must not be popular where I'm at, all the 44ks I have seen are sealed type.

Most had brass bushings (10QK157).

To be clear, the rubber bushing was standard on the (fabricated axle housing) SS440 suspension, and optional on the SS441 (cast axle housing) suspension.

It was a $210 option on the SS441, and 20 pounds lighter than the brass bushing configuration.