1994 EA7 VMAC 454 valve yoke/Lash with Jake brake

Gday guys,

I bought a 94 EA7 VMAC 4V 454 with a bent pushrod after being installed incorrectly. Now what I need to know is how to set the valve yoke and lash with a Jake brake attached as my book is for the factory Dynatard. Is it the same principle with setting the flywheel to TDC on compression on No 1 ( in/ex fully closed and No 5 on the rock) then turn the motor a full revolution to the next cylinder or do I go off the flywheel for the Yoke and only a full revolution for lash? Thanks

There should be marks on the flywheel 120 degrees apart. 1&6 2&5 3&4 turn the engine to get on a mark. Say your on 1&6 check both cylinders to see which one is comp. one will be on comp one on overlap [one valve partially open one closed] if #6 is on overlap start with #1 and vica versa. Once get that just turn the engine CCW looking at the flywheel to the next mark 2&5 and adjust 5 and keep going in the firing order 153624 you should make 2 revolutions to set them all. Adjust the Jake at the same time as each cylinder. 0.021

Hi, guys on the same day as my last posting I went out and found a late model E7 book and trolled through it until I found rocker setup and went off it. After some priming she roared into life and hasn't missed a beat.

But now the Electronic Malfunction light comes on and stays on? any guesses? It does nothing more then stay on but does not effect anything.