ENF707A STUCK Cylinder

firenut

Wellll it seems that my 707A engine is stuck... I think (probably dangerous) it's only one... However given the fact that I soaked them all in MMO for some time now... Took off the bumper and tried to turn the motor with a socket on the crank bolt, and she won't budge.... I think it's time... So now I suppose ill take off the heads and try to fix this mess...

Any suggestions from you vets about this process... Do's ?? Dont's ??

Any last ditch ideas to prevent the tear down??

I am not sure what the 707A engine is. If it is a gas engine take a spark plug remove the porcelain braze in a pipe fitting reducer to fit a grease fitting. Put this in the spark plug hole, be sure the valves are closed and not stuck. With a grease gun pump the cylinder full of grease. This may will force the MMO past the rings and move the piston. If this works then the next problem is removing the grease which is can be flushed with fuel and is a real mess. This has worked for me some times but I often take the connecting rod loose first. I agree with FWD it may need a tear down.

• Like 1