10x20 To 12x20

New to the truck stuff and just got my first B-61 Mack.

The Mack has 10 x 20 tires. A local fire department is getting rid of a 1966 White fire truck that has 12 x 20 tires. I have the option of taking the tires and rims off of the White. The tires and rims are in great shape. Can I just swap the tires and rims over to the Mack?

Thank you!

Dave

New to the truck stuff and just got my first B-61 Mack.

The Mack has 10 x 20 tires. A local fire department is getting rid of a 1966 White fire truck that has 12 x 20 tires. I have the option of taking the tires and rims off of the White. The tires and rims are in great shape. Can I just swap the tires and rims over to the Mack?

Thank you!

Dave

I've got 12/00X20 tires on one of my B-61's that is a tandem. The rear tires really could use a wider spacer between them, (Dayton wheels), as clearance is tight but for a driver type truck that will not be worked heavy, there are no problems.

The steer axel presents no clearance issues either.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

You'll also gain a few MPH on the top end with the larger tire diameter.

Of course this comes at the cost of slightly reduced startability in low gear, but if it's a "toy" truck that won't be a major consideration.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"