B61 Engine Swap...help Please

Was hoping someone may be able to give me a little info on this project?? I have a '64 B61 with a 711 non turbo engine that is pumping oil out the exhaust quite severly... I have found a 1978 R model with a 673 turboed engine..the numbers on the front housing are ETAZ673A....from all of the looking and measuring I have done, I think it will drop in with some slight modifications to air piping and front motor mounts....it looks like the starter and air box on the left hand side won't be a problem, as I will be getting rid of the big canister oil filter that is on the 711..can anyone out there give me there experience or advise?? please......I really don't want to rebuild the 711 as it is what it is ya know.....this 673 I found has a jake also which I would really like to have...thanks for your help...

Thanks Lmackattack, I remember reading that a few days ago, it sounds like maybe there is a little more than it looks like to get this done. I really didn't think it was going to be that bad... Is that what the engine I am looking at is??? a 300?? I didn't know that, I was surprised for the age of the R model that it wasn't a 237....well, I think I am going to dive into this and give it a try any way, maybe when it is over I will wish I wouldn't have...what do you think, should I just try to find a non-turboed 673 and drop in it ????

The ETAZ673 is a 300+ which is a 315hp, it is a thermodyne, it is made for 9, 10,13,15 speeds. RPM range is 1450-1900, if it came with a engine brake it would read ETAZB673A,i have one in my 63 B61, the front mount is the same, you have to use your front hub and pulleys, water pump from your 711, and the balancer from the 673, you might have to use the R model rear engine mounts. Ron

you have the side mount IC. I think they call that engine a 300+? if thats the engine you have its an econydyne so it needs more gears than the maxidyne with 5 spds. Thats because the power band is near the upper rpms on econodynes, the E6300 has a front mount IC. both are simmilar in size and placement of componets. like others said it can be done but you will run into unexpected hurdles...I say go for it a 300 HP in a B model sounds like a fun truck to own.

big thanks to all of you guys, I know I will have more questions before this is on the road. I think I am going to do it, maybe someday I can answer some questions for someone else.....if anyone else thinks of something about this, please let me know. I will try to post some pictures when it is done......