Tranny

ws721

Is there really nobody out there who knows the answer or did I not explain correctly? I want to put a Mack 18 speed in my Cruiseliner but I need to know if my shift linkage will off my 6 speed will work on the 18 speed. Are the shift forks the same?

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

ws721

in no way am I an expert... and I didn't sleep at a certain hotel chain last night.... but as I have a T2180 in my MH maybe I can help you help yourself...

from what you have asked I am understanding you want to know if your existing linkage will bolt directly to the "main case shift cover" (that's what they call it the the manual).. correct?

if I'm right, you need to know if the 4 bolts pattern matches and if the depth/swing of the lever runs correctly through the gate of the shift rails/forks.

have attached pic of my tranny top and can measure up for you... the sliding portion of the linkage is governed by other limiters in my linkage but I can measure total stroke...

am I on the right track? is your truck linkage similar 'cos I'm way out of date repairing Macks other than mine.

maybe a pic would help us... you know the rules..LOL

BC Mack

post-10384-0-20844600-1410056795_thumb.j

Ok, Very helpful. The MH linkage is a lot cleaner looking than my Cruiseliner. You have very good questions for me. Now I have to do my homework and start measuring. Im replacing the 1070 6 spd with a 20 series 18 spd. thanks for the info, i'll get back to you

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!