Exhaust Manifold Seals:

Rob

Are there seals available on the ENDT-865 engine between the front and rear manifold halves? Mine leak at the joints of the two from "wet stacking" and soaks the frame rails.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Are there seals available on the ENDT-865 engine between the front and rear manifold halves? Mine leak at the joints of the two from "wet stacking" and soaks the frame rails.

Thanks,

Rob

Your Either idling it too much or your running to cold if your getting slober at the joints.

there are no fixes that Really work well!

Your Either idling it too much or your running to cold if your getting slober at the joints.

there are no fixes that Really work well!

I would be guilty on both counts. I don't have a trailer to pull and the engine has not done any work in about 18 years, (seriously). It has sat many seasons. I had the injectors rebuilt and it now runs very well. It is like my two cycle Detroit powered gensets when they are run unloaded, a lot of "wet stacking" takes place.

I was wondering if there was originally a packing between the manifold halves and carbon sealed the area or not.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I would be guilty on both counts. I don't have a trailer to pull and the engine has not done any work in about 18 years, (seriously). It has sat many seasons. I had the injectors rebuilt and it now runs very well. It is like my two cycle Detroit powered gensets when they are run unloaded, a lot of "wet stacking" takes place.

I was wondering if there was originally a packing between the manifold halves and carbon sealed the area or not.

Thanks,

Rob

Rob there was never any packing just a slip joint!A piston ring affair at the turbo tubes!