New From Ny

SD40T2

My name is Rich, I live in central NY I have had the chance to drive all major trucks and prefer the Macks for their ability to take a beating and keep on trucking.I currentl drive an '07 CH613 with heavy specs and tag hauling heavy haul asphalt tanker. I stumbled on this site by chance and had to join.

Rich,

My office is in Palmyra, and the truck shop is in Fishers.

Do you have any projects underway now?

Paul Van Scott

not at this time, however I have a B model 10-wheeler in my sights and the co I work for have a bunch of older LOW milage R models that they are starting the phase out. I used to have a '64 R-185 Int that I used to haul firewood and gravel with, should have never goot rid of that truck :( are you a construction co or trucking co? your name is familier

SD402T are you a train buff also?

welcome aboard

what gave it away? I wanted to use RS-3 but it was taken. I collect and model in HO primarily Penn Central and live along the "Water Level" route what do you model are you on any train forums?

I model the PC in the '70s currently I don't have pics as everything is packed up due to needing to make space in the basement for new layout. I like 1st an second generation diesels, especially ALCO, the new high tech stuff does not do any thing for me. I am on the Atlas forums, ever been on there? P.S. your layout looks nice.

Rich

Lmackattack-

They just made a new HO Scale B Model Fire truck based on our Radnor B75, made by Athearn, it looks correct in almost all details except they used the standard closed cab- ours is an open cab. I have heard if they get enough buyers for the closed cab they will consider making the open cab version. This is much more accurate than the Corgi B model series.

here is the link: http://www.athearn.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=ATH91841

Happy Trucking and Railroading!

Firemack

SD40T2

I like the first gen diesels and late model local steam for my size layout. If I used a big boy on this layout It would be able to pull about 5 freight cars before it took up the whole passing sidings! LOL I keep it simple with 4 axel diesels and 2-8-2 are as big as I go with steam. Small units are alot better for this size layout. I recently bought a MRC DDC controller and love it. as a kid I had a large layout that had 40 some blocks to keep trains running. what a nightmare!

this DCC system is so easy and makes railroading more fun and less headaches.

Fire mack

I have a few b models on the layout.

look for the red B under the coal hopper and a Yellow B pulling up the hill.

I also Have a few "NEW" R models running around

Trent

post-17-1206131926_thumb.jpg

post-17-1206131967_thumb.jpg

Athearn offers 'B' and "R"models in a variety of configurations, pretty nicely detailed. How hard is the DCC to set up?I am getting ready to start bench work

and need to replace power packs, my layouts are usually industrial trackage with lots of low speed switchingand "050" method of interchange will DCC be worth it or should I just stick with blocks and MRC pac with momemtum and brake. heading to hobby shop this weekend.

i model after the ic and icg aera on a small HO shelf/dog bone layout.
WOW!.. nice layout indeed,I never knew you were into trains. I don't know what scale this is,but it's a CSX train holding me up-I gotta git to Pittsburgh!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.