Martinsville?

vision386

If I am home,i usually try to take Vision jr. to the track to watch the trucks come in (no Macks un-fortunately) but this year i.m guessing there are going to be a lot of pissed off race fans here! As of about 8:00 it's been snowing like a bandit here! and it's cold ,windy.The truck race got moved/postponed up to today,so it's supposed to be a rare "double-header" race today,both trucks and the cup cars.........................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Jim,you know it's funny,we've been down here almost 8 years,and have never been to a race! When we still lived in Jersey we would usually go to Dover,Pocono,sometimes Richmond,but never been to one here,and the track is literally 5 miles from my front door!.........................Mark

• Like 1

You should take a ride over there. 43 degrees here now, supposed to be 52 this afternoon with 70% chance of showers- that's for Lynchburg. Probability drops to 20% this evening, 0 tonight, so it might clear off.

There'll probably be plenty of no-shows because of the weather, like there was at Bristol. I used to go to Martinsville all the time in the 80's-90's. We'd just leave Appomattox early in the morning and get unreserved seats. At the time the bottom 7 rows on the backstretch were all unreserved, don't know if it's like that now or not.

And yeah, i've had a few little red Jesse Jones hotdogs.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

To tell the truth,i haven't followed NASCAR in a good many years,i got tired of hearing about the "young guns" all the rule changes,the drama with the newer drivers etc. I was a big fan of Davey Allison,then Mark Martin. I still enjoy real dirt-track racing,i spent many a summer at Bridgeport,NJ Pleasantville,Nj Wall Stadium,NJ East Windsor,NJ Middletown,NY with my cousin who is now 76 years old,and STILL racing a 358 modified! Got a good friend in Jersey Matt Harrell who I used to drive for his Dad's trucking company,that is doing pretty well at Bridgeport too! Alltime favorite dirt-track guy had to be Stan Ploski from Ringoes,NJ drove my favorite car the #74 "Bulldog Expess" sponsored by Trenton Mack (note the half dogs on the quarter panel) ........................................Mark

post-5836-0-31391500-1396192053_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-32163300-1396192083_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-09364100-1396192110_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Got my racing fix for the weekend! Short track racing is the best.

I have been to Pocono, Watkins Glen, Loudon, Charlotte and Daytona five times.

I want to get to Richmond and should plan ahead and make a mini vacation so I can check out the Keystone Tractor Museum.

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.