2009 mack gu713 lighting bolt and red circle with x light on

madddog

need help have problem with 2009 mack gu713 went out to start this morning to warm up. started fine but as soon as it started and was running I had 2 lights on the red gear with oil drop in the middle and temp sign next to it and the lighten bolt. I let run for about a min or so the red gear light went out then about min after the red circle with an x came on and truck shuts down this is over a min or two period. so I turn off key started again same thing only no red gear just the red circle with x so I tried to put in gear then not throttle response I am lost any help would be great

I think its the oil temp light. The oil temp and oil pressure are the same sensor. If you have an MP 8 the oil temp/pressure sensor is behind the Engine ECU. You will see 2 sensors that look alike, one on top of the other. The top one is the oil temp/pressure, the bottom one is the crankcase pressure sensor.

On the right side of the engine in the oil filter housing is the piston oil cooler temp sensor.

Check all 3 sensor for leaking (wicking) oil, if any are leaking(wicking), replace them.

All 3 sensor have been updated so it would be a good idea just to do all 3.

But like Kyle Gandy asked, whats the code? Without the code it just guesses.

need help have problem with 2009 mack gu713 went out to start this morning to warm up. started fine but as soon as it started and was running I had 2 lights on the red gear with oil drop in the middle and temp sign next to it and the lighten bolt. I let run for about a min or so the red gear light went out then about min after the red circle with an x came on and truck shuts down this is over a min or two period. so I turn off key started again same thing only no red gear just the red circle with x so I tried to put in gear then not throttle response I am lost any help would be great

That light is what leads me to belive its transmission related. Maybe i missed it, but is it an auto or stick? If an auto, low/hot fluid might warrant a shutdown. Codes would definately help with diagnosis.

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....