Fuel Pump Inlet/outlet

Lmackattack

on my B model I want to make shure I have the feed and return lines hooked up correctly.

the inline pump has a -6 outlet on the bottom towards the front of the engine its connected to the hand primer,

on the other end I see an -6 outlet on top, and at the rear closer to the air compressor

what end is the fuel in / out

just want to duble check

Trent

Trent, for an APE American Bosch pump; As you look at the hand primer pump bottom, the rearmost treaded hole is the outlet. The forward threaded hole is the inlet. The discharge will feed the fuel filter housing (at the bottom). The top of the filter housing feeds via hose into the injection pump plunger gallery via the front upper hole in the injection pump itself. The rear upper hole is the spill return to tank for excess fuel. If you tee a gauge into this rear fitting, the hand primer pump should provide about 12-15 psi pressure. This pressure forces fuel into the plunger barrels. Your truck has not run in a while, so I would check this pressure. If it were mine, I would go ahead and rebuild the primer, or lift, or transfer pump whatever you want to call it.

I've got a factory service manual for this pump if you want a copy. Just give me a call.

Rob

309-245-2070 (eves)

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.