Found this on CR

Timothy Maikshilo

x prohibited[?]

Posted:

a month ago Rockford Fire Department 1954 L Model Mack Fire Truck Engine 8 - $5000 (Indiana)
Attention Rockford Fire Historians and fire buffs. I am selling Rockford Fire Department Engine 8 which is a 1954 Mack L model 750 gpm pumper. The rig is in a barn in Lake Shaffer Indiana and has been for many years. It was running when put away. All the chrome is off the truck and has been rechromed at a cost of almost $2000. The truck will need to be repainted the body is solid but the paint is faded and chipped. Rockford had the 707 gas engine rebuilt and the water tank replaced. I used this rig at musters in the 80s, and it drove, pumped, drafted perfect. She has sat inside the barn since the early 90s. I have the original bell bracket and bell, the red light and siren some hose, the ladders tubes and suction racks. The upholstery will have to be replaced as a racoon torn the seats up. L model Macks are very hard to find these days let alone one from the Chicagoland area. The gas has gone bad, and the rig won't start. I think it needs two caps, points, rotors, and new fuel. The engine spins over but won't start. I can not get pictures until I go down to indiana. if you are interested in restoring this truck, I promise you it will be very nice when you get it done. It is not a piece of junk rig that sat outside and rotted away. It is a very restorable nice complete truck.
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 4283544919

posted:

a month ago

email to friend

best of

Avoid scams, deal locally Beware wiring (e.g. Western Union), cashier checks, money orders, shipping.