Need help!

Kyle 537

Mp8 hard to start. I have r&r both check valve's. Filer housing was recently changed, check balls in it workin good no leaks found, new filters. Replaced cups due to burning coolant and hard to start, used new tools every thing went well new injector orings. no more coolant burning, but still hard to start. Could I have done somethin wrongOnly code spn 4094 for def dozer valve fmi1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you've done something wrong, maybe.

Could there be more then 1 problem, YES.

Did you find a cup and injector with carbon? Real carbon, not the carbon people say they see thats not really there. That happens to everybody.

When you say check balls, do you mean the filter housing check ball?

Start over. Check your fuel lines from the tank all the way to the head. Make sure everything is tight, its possible to have a loose line on the suction side and not see a leak. Do you have duel tanks? If you do, make sure the fuel lines are good at the junction where the 2 tank lines come together.

I ran a line from the inlet to the tank and same thing. Then from the inlet of the filter housing to the tank no fix, but I went from the tank to the pump straight to the head and it starts right up. So I'm thinkin ether the line from the pump to the housing or the housing to the head. But possibly the house to the pump.

Make sure the de-aeration valve /fitting is in the correct location in the fuel filter housing plate. Had one recently another shop had worked on and it was installed at the outlet fitting going to the head and caused hard start issues for sure. Note it is a lot thicker then all the banjo fitting on housing.

Yes I had that a couple of months ago. Another tech thought a shop hand was able to r&r the housing and put a banjo bolt in its place. Wouldn't built enough fuel psi took me for ever to figure thAt one out haha. I Should have been on here months ago, you guys are some real pro's compared to the goons I work with. Thanks for all the help.