Rear Window Rubber

can anyone help me ,my r600 had non genuine window and rubber fitted now i want to fit original window and rubber but the rubber not shore about does the locking part go outside the truck or inside the truck??????doess anyone have the part number for the locking strip???thanks adrian

post-1580-1203718353_thumb.jpg

can anyone help me ,my r600 had non genuine window and rubber fitted now i want to fit original window and rubber but the rubber not shore about does the locking part go outside the truck or inside the truck??????doess anyone have the part number for the locking strip???thanks adrian

Adrian, The few windows that I installed had the locking strip on the outside of the truck. Most Mack dealer parts departments can help with part #'s.Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Bill

Adrian, The few windows that I installed had the locking strip on the outside of the truck. Most Mack dealer parts departments can help with part #'s.Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Bill

That piece of widow retaining moulding does not use a separate "locker strip". With the kind displayed, you simply push the lower part under the upper part until is stays. Keep an eye on the "indented" edge of the lower part until it is hidden under the upper part.

This type is not original to the truck. All "locker strips", or "beads" are mounted to the outside of the truck body for the correct moulding. There is no reason this type would not work with the exception of the divider post that separates the two windshields. I've seen a home made division bar solvent welded in the center that worked though.

The original type moulding is not very expensive and I recommend it's usage.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

That piece of widow retaining moulding does not use a separate "locker strip". With the kind displayed, you simply push the lower part under the upper part until is stays. Keep an eye on the "indented" edge of the lower part until it is hidden under the upper part.

This type is not original to the truck. All "locker strips", or "beads" are mounted to the outside of the truck body for the correct moulding. There is no reason this type would not work with the exception of the divider post that separates the two windshields. I've seen a home made division bar solvent welded in the center that worked though.

The original type moulding is not very expensive and I recommend it's usage.

Rob

thanks rob ,for your information didnt notice that that lower lip lock into the upper to act as locking strip,this rubber shown is what mack australiatold me suits my truck off the chassis number????thanks again rob and also li trucker B)

thanks rob ,for your information didnt notice that that lower lip lock into the upper to act as locking strip,this rubber shown is what mack australiatold me suits my truck off the chassis number????thanks again rob and also li trucker B)

Hi Adrian, there is no reason that moulding would not work and be weathertight. I've used that type many times.

There is a non hardening bedding compound that should be used in both the pinchweld, and glass setting channels to ensure there is no leakage. Most times new mouldings will not leak as they are soft and supple but with age and shrinkage, there is a minor problem. This compound solves that. I get the stuff at my windshield supplier.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.