rs 700 p/s conversion

chrisf

I installed a sheapperd steering box off a rs600 onto my rs700... I had the same manual steering box as you... All I had to do is drill a few holes and add spacers for the power steering box? If I recall i used 2 or 3 of the factory holes in the front spring hanger...

Installed a power steering pump from an 80's vintage r model. The type that fits to the back of the air compressor and ran lines to a frame mounted resivor...

The normal way to handle this is to have your Mack dealer's parts department (or Watt's Mack) submit a "changeover request" to the Mack specifications department.

Your dealer will provide the specifications department with your truck's model and serial number, and then the specification's department will research and provide the list of part numbers that would have been on your truck had it been originally built with power steering (the piping, reservoir mounting, steering gear and pump mounting arrangements).

THANKS FOR THE REPLIES EVERYONE .I TRIED THE MACK DEALER ROUTE WITH AN OLDER,KNOWLEDGABLE GUY IVE DONE BUSINESS FOR YEARS AND CAME UP EMPTY. DOYOU KNOW THE MODEL # SHEPARD BOX YOU USED? MY TRACTOR CAME FROM CALIFORNIA. IT HAS AN E6 WITH A 15 SPEED,SINGLE AXLE ON AN AIR LEAF SETUP. BOUGHT IT ABOUT AYEAR AGO. THANX AGAIN,