2000 mack dump truck cx 613

Hello all, I have a huge problem. I need to make a Mack dump truck we have quit messing up its rear electrical wiring, and completely redo most of the rear wiring harness. Sound like fun? It gets better. The wiring harness is completely FUBAR. Wiring has been repeatedly messed with, cut repaired, spliced, and patched. Of the 4 wires going to the rear, I have 3 that return signal, and one that does nothing. I have:

1) Brake Lights

2) Turn Signals

3) No Running Lights

4) Intermittent Marker Lights

5) a seperate wire run from the battery box to the transmission to the beeper, and the reverse lights. Sometimes (About 1 in 3) it actually works.

This is an epic cluster f**k and ANY help would be appreciated. This is for a 2000 Mack dump truck with an automatic transmission. Model number is cx613. HELP!

That which fails to kill you can only make me laugh my ass off. You didn't die, so its all good.

Its actually not a big deal to just start over on the wiring to the back of the frame in that truck. If you open the hood and look at the firewall in front of the drivers feet above the hole the steering shaft comes thru there is an electrical relay strip. Located on this are all the wires from inside the dash connected then a but then all the wires going out to the chassis. If you start at the rear of the truck removing wire ties and pulling all the light wiring forward you will eventually get to this strip. I have removed the wiring from this strip back on several trucks, then replaced it with a good 14ga 4-6 conductor cable. I have what's left of a spool of 4-14ga cable that I used to splice in when I stretched my RW an it was really close to the OEM wiring. Then all you have to do is use a test light to determine your outputs on the strip(park,cl,R turn/brk, L turn/brk) then starting at the power strip run the new cable to the back of the truck. I leave a few extra inches at the front and use some ring terminals to connect it once its in, then hook up the lights at the rear as needed. I have had good luck with a light wiring "relay box" mounted to the rear crossmember, connect the cable from the from inside then the short run to the lights on top of that(makes it easier to repair later). I hope that helps its really pretty simple, you should be able to re wire it all within a couple hours on that truck with the wiring connector strip set up on the firewall.

• Like 2

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Thanks a LOT, that helps immensely. I have had nothing but hell with the lights on this truck from day one. They have gone out at least 8 times. Shorts, blown fuses, connectors coming undone, etc...

That which fails to kill you can only make me laugh my ass off. You didn't die, so its all good.

I just bought some 16-4-6 from Northern Tools, and it is actually labeled as far as what it does. I got 25 feet for 25 dollars! I also bought a bunch of light connecters for about 2.50 each. Not a bad deal all in all. Does anyone have the wiring diagram for this truck? That would be awesome as I fully expect more problems in the future.