E7 350hp Turbo Options

let it loose

I have a 97 mechanical Bosch injected E7 350hp and I want to upgrade the turbo on it. I plan keeping the stock injectors and leaving the pump alone. Is there a better turbo than the stocker? I forget what turbo is on there now, I'll have to look.

I found this one, it seems to be a good price but I'm not sure if will bolt up the same.

http://www.iratediesel.com/store/buy-online/?slug=product_info&products_id=41

just 250k? I have an 85 E9 on the stock turbo, not sure of the mileage, had several well over 300k in trucks. I would call Antrim DIesel in PA, they are the guys to get the hot rod Mack info from, I think the Borg Warner 171701 or 171702, probably the 701 could be a sweet upgrade, just remember almost any upgraded turbo will require 5" exhaust, which I think they need anyway.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

check out the s400sx-1 the 71mm should be pretty sweet but run it by Antrim to be sure.

http://www.turbodriven.com/en/performanceturbos/airwerksDimensionalReference.aspx

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Yep around $850, I wont order one unless it comes from a reputable diesel shop I would much rather buy it locally and I know its not coming from c=some jack leg off ebay, I have a local BorgWarner dealer that got me the same price I found on EBAY for the 171702 and the big boy I need so no need to try to order from someone that may send me one that's been dropped and kicked across the floor. The best part about the Borg Warner SX400 turbos is they have multiple housings to fit each one so you can tailor the A/R and boost to fit your engine and the bare housings aren't that bad, most are about $200.