E-9 Paint Colour

r600

• 3 weeks later...

I used Rustoleum Proffesional series paint when I repainted my E9. After a good coat of primer, I used a light machine grey color which was close, but not exactly original, for the color of the block. A lighter color will let your oil leaks show more readily in order to trace down the problems.

See my gallery to the left in my signature. There are some pictures of my E9 and my color coding when I had it out this past Fall. Remember to paint it pretty - that will make it go faster :lol:

• 1 year later...
Guest 45LMSWM

Was grey always the color for E9s. My company has a 1980 DM821 with a factory E9-400 that was painted a "salmon-red" when we bought it. We repained it several years ago the same color...bought the paint right from the Mack dealer.

John

Was grey always the color for E9s. My company has a 1980 DM821 with a factory E9-400 that was painted a "salmon-red" when we bought it. We repained it several years ago the same color...bought the paint right from the Mack dealer.

John

E9s started out red then robins egg blue then gray beleive it or not!

John

John, the first E9's & E6's were that salmon colour, I think when they went to Econodyne they went that light blue colour. I think there was a change in the shade of grey sometime after it was introduced. When I was looking for it a guy at Mack in Brisbane said that the colour was a Dulux colour called 'Avil Grey'and later changed to just 'Anvil' and you could buy it at any hardware store as small as 500ml, I bought 1ltr. I'd like to know the code for a thermodyne 6 in the late 60's early 70's, b4 they went to silver for a thermodyne it was an aqua blue colour. Any ideas would be a help. Regards Jeffro P.S. I think when they went to 500 hp they went grey