E7 injectors

kthelton

Ok guys I've got a 1990 e7 300 all mechanical,I'm looking for someone that has bigger injectors or can take an old set that I have and work them over.ive already turned the pump up and have went to a bigger turbo which made the truck pull better and dropped the egts a lot but the throttle reponse is a bit slow

Antrim Diesel in PA is the place, they can do whatever you want and it will be right when you get it, you can send them to get fixed up and they say theyll have em back in a week, lots of guys on here have dealt with them and I havent heard anything bad yet. Just out of curiosity what turbo are you using, and how hot is your pump? the throttle response issue may be too big a turbo housing for your engine for quick response, its kind of a pain to get the numbers right I played with the flow charts and numbers on my E9 for a couple weeks before I settled on a turbo.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

84superdog the turbo is part of the prob. I blew my old on so when I got the new one I ordered one for an e7 350 so and they are rated for 350 to 400 hp. I do have the pump opened up and it does run good but I'm thinking I'm running short on fuel now. Thank for the info

That turbo shouldnt cause any issue unless its bad, its still really small compared to a hot rod turbo, I looked into a turbo for a hot rod E6 4v and came up with a Borg Warner 171701, its a 71mm inducer and makes that 400 turbo look silly. Might need to get into the mid range adjustment on the pump and if its still got a puff limiter get rid of it, control the smoke with your foot. Actually just turning up the low rpm and midrange and removing the puff limiter will make a ton more torque, with a 400 turbo you should feel it pretty good.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I can tell a big difference in the way it pulls but it just doesn't seam quit as snappy as it did before, I've got all the adj. I can out of the pump low and wide open side and my egr is still really good so I think I have more room to play. I'm thinking that if I go bigger on my injectors and it heats a little I can always back the pun off a little , I'm wondering what a stock set of 400 injectors would be like

Don't even bother swapping to stock injectors you won't notice much of a change, the pump settings and turbo are the bigger differences. Call Antrim diesel I don't have the number handy but talk to them and tell em what you want it to do they can hook you up right. Probably take a stock set of injectors for cores and send them to them and they can rebuild em for power and ship em back.

Don't even bother swapping to stock injectors you won't notice much of a change, the pump settings and turbo are the bigger differences. Call Antrim diesel I don't have the number handy but talk to them and tell em what you want it to do they can hook you up right. Probably take a stock set of injectors for cores and send them to them and they can rebuild em for power and ship em back.

http://antrimdiesel.com/

Youll be glad you talked with them they have it figured out for sure, dont forget an update when you get em put in .