Injection pump timing

eveready

I have a 93 mack ch 613 350 motor, injection pump is not putting out good pressure on #2 cyl, found one and going to replace pump,. it is a mechanical pump and haven't pulled old one yet. wondering what is the best way to time, the pump?

Can I pull the old one and set the gears in same position?

What I do to test a injection pump but you may not have it but take a old fuel line and injector from a two valve engine and connect to 2 and watch at idle what the injector does then connct to another cyl and compare what the injector sprays.It the spray is less on 2 then pull it.But sounds like your on the proper track. It would be bad to build the pump and then find you have a bad cam in the engine or tight valve.

glenn akers

Replaced Cam about 2 years ago, checked valve lash, Started with a miss and finally got it narrowed down to the pump, never changed one, and have

read they need timed when put in, ordered one will be here in the morning. yea I agee would hate to find out it is something else, 1900.00 for the pump with overnight shipping.

Replaced Cam about 2 years ago, checked valve lash, Started with a miss and finally got it narrowed down to the pump, never changed one, and have

read they need timed when put in, ordered one will be here in the morning. yea I agee would hate to find out it is something else, 1900.00 for the pump with overnight shipping.

I reread your post and see that you was not intending on replacing the barrels and plungers like I was thinking so yes you have to roll engine over and spot it on the cyl ready to fire and time it when you go back. The way you was asking yes it would run but would not be timed like it needs. If some one don't tell you how then post a pic of pump or tell us the model of pump and some of us can walk you thru it.

glenn akers

would post a pic but cant figure out how, there is one on this site that was for sale that looks identical but numbers a little different,

the post title is "Mack/Bosch Mechanical Injection Pump"

A unrelated question, I've been told that my truck is an E7 350, When I ordered my pump it listed it for an E6.. How would I be able

to tell the difference,. VIN won't help glider