timed engine shutdown. can I turn it off?

The electronic hand throttle function defeats the shut down mode. My 2011 does it to, parking brakes on, turn on cruise, use the throttle to put the revs where you want them, and hit set for the cruise, then use the accel and decel to move the revs up and down. After some time however, the hand throttle will drop, and idle will return to normal, and will eventually shut down, or at least on the 2002 I had on the farm, and the 2011 I run now.

Someone with more knowledge than I will chime in I'm sure.

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

A quick hook up at your local dealer and they can reprogram your idle settings to whatever you want, most are set to defeat shut down with the cruise switches but you can also make it shut down from there as martell's truck apparently does.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Yep, mack can change it to whatever you want. when I shoot gravel, I leave it running, as I need to keep shaking pea stone to the back. I set the hand throttle at about 1000rpm, it will hold for at least 90 mins, then return to normal idle, but it has never shut down on me yet......

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....