Need some help on injector pump for 89 rd690s e6-300 engine.

aclem

Can anyone tell me what kind of injector pump this is? planning on replacng soon. one injector line replaced but still leaks and am afraid to tighten anymore. more info the better thanks.

post-14702-0-75251700-1374417634_thumb.j

post-14702-0-43553900-1374417644_thumb.j

A.Clement

dont you take that top cover off with the six bolts and tamper proof bolt to turn up or am i wrong? if thats the case how do you get tamperproof bolt out? i tried one time time but didnt know how to. also what side cover? thanks

A.Clement

If the fuel is leaking where the line hooks on and that is the only problem, you can remove the pump nut with a 1-1/4 12 point socket and there are orings in there that can cause it to leak. There is a oring around the top nut and one around the part the line screws on and seals on the inside of the big nut.

thanks. someone told me they were machine fit so i wasnt sure. also does anyone know why on the front of the injector pump towards radiator why puff valve leaks oil around it? thanks

A.Clement

Where is it leaking, there is a pin hole in the little cylinder for air to exhaust out of, if it is there you have oil in the air system, if it where it screws in the little housing, remove it and put some rubber sealant around the shims. If it is leaking around the housing it screws into there is a oring around it but you have to pull the pump to change it, there is no oil pressure on it and I have seen some people clean it up real good and put rubber sealant on the outside of it and sometimes it will stop it there.

okay thanks.. just put new compressor on cause it was letting alot of oil in system. so it may be just getting it all cleaned out i hope but will look at it again. if i replace injector pump should i replace injectors?

A.Clement

Why are you replacing? is it because that one line leaks? I bought an 89 350 2V that was leaking around one of the injector lines..tightening it did no good. Took the line off and noticed the line had worn down on the seat from it being loose for awhile..replaced line..no help. Went to rebuild shop, they told me to take the plunger out of the barrel and bring it in and they would 'face' it up so that the line seats better. They let me borrow a special tool..they faced it up, i replaced the o-rings and its sealed and not leaking. $40.

Unless you have major issues with the pump, fix whats broke and go on.

I also replaced my compressor due to pushing oil throughout the system..you have to get it all out manually. I have run about a gallon of alcohol and spent countless hours on the tanks and lines. This winter if u dont get it out plan on all kinds of air issues.