Need oil pan help!

slpwlker

did what I had to do yesterday and got back to Davenport to load. Dropped the trailer and Ann and the mutt at the hotel. Had a cab bag leaking and decided to go to Walcott. Then decided to get the truck serviced as I was 3k over what I normally service it at. Last Ta stripped the plug but got it tight enough to leave. Never said a word. Yesterday they couldn't get the plug out and it won't retighten at all. Just enough not to come out by hand or leak. Truck is at shaker but can't get me in till tomorrow evening at best. Is there something I could do. Calling Cat tomorrow also to see if they can get this done early as I am loaded and need to get rolling.

Ta is paying for everythign minus the motel as we already had it. On Cat pans is there a quick fix, any options. should I get the plug out as far as it will go before it comes to a halt and jb weld it and tighten it as tight as possible, Or bite the bullet and sit and wait. good thing is unless someone has a pto they are not unloading the 844K off the trailer or not easily to say the least.

Problem is they can't get the plug out. Get it backed off then it comes to a hard stop and they can't get it out. I would of done something else. Had I of been told about this in the first place I would of used another plug. Hell got 3 on the front 1 each side and one dead center up front and 2 rear of pan 1 has a sensor and the other is in line with the cross member. Also heard the pan was 7k

Randy I think the best thing is to let them replace the pan now that way it's done it's fixed and you don't have to worry about it. Better to leave late with your load than have something happen on the road leaving you stranded, especially with the load you have. Better safe than sorry.

I know all my cats have multiple drain plugs, maybe you can take it all the way out and weld an aluminum patch over the hole, i am getting ready to do this to one of mine with a similar situation.

that's how they fixed mine on the Peterbilt, just screwed it in tight as they could, cleaned it off, and welded right around the plug.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

There's a company that advertises cat parts in several truck and equipment sale papers but I don't have one here, they have 3406E pans in stock I'll try to pick up a tractor house tomorrow and get a name and number.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Midwest Diesel says they have em in stock and same day shipping number is 888-866-3406

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"