2006 ac-330/350 ACET728CI

Go to solution Solved by staxx,

HELLO, I HAVE A 2006 MACK ASET 330/350 728 CI HAVING TO ADD COOLANT EVERY WEEK THEN OIL PRESSURE WILL DROP TO ABOUT 10 PSI. CHANGED THE OIL FILTER BASE HOUSING LOOKED CRACKED. CHANGED OIL. PRESSURE RETURNED TO 60 PSI. 20 DAYS LATER THE SAME THING. OIL PRESSURE 10 PSI OIL CONTAMINATED SHUT DOWN LIGHT ON FOR LOW PRESSURE. ANY IDEAS. THANKS.

Edited by vc416367

Need to do a oil sample first and find out if oil is thin because of coolant or fuel or just a electrical issue . You may have 2 issues here , fuel in oil is the most common problem in the oil. If it is coolant you will also need to inspect main and rod bearings ,coolant in oil acts like sand in the oil and eats bearings.

THANK,S. PULLED THE CAM, BEARINGS GONE ON THE BOTTOM SIDE. THE EUP LOBES ARE SCORED ALSO. CRANK HAS SMALL GROOVES IN IT ON MAIN AND ROD LOBES. DO YOU THINK IT WORTH PUTTING BEARINGS OR TURN THE CRANK WHILE IM THERE? 537,000 MILES ON IT ALREADY. VERY LITTLE PITTING ON THE SLEEVE'S. DO YOU CUT THE COUNTERBORE'S JUST TO MAKE SURE A YOU HAVE A GOOD SEAL? THANK,S AGAIN.

Edited by vc416367

• Solution

Yes cut counter bores , crank I would have to see it myself to determin sometimes you can polish crank up enough in the chassis to be ok if you are going to do the cam and liners, pistons counter bores . Need to look at the price of a reman from. Mack and you would be set

• Like 1