EM7 vs E7350 Mechanical

So i was looking through my manual for my truck and i noticed that the EM7 makes 1425 torque at 1025 rpm and a max 310 HP at 1500 rpm. I am stumped as to why the E7 350 only makes 1266 torque at 1250rpm and 350 hp at 1800 rpm. I guess what i don't get is why they made the 300 Hp EM7 have more torque than all the engines up to 427 and how did they do it? What is different about that engine? The compression ratio is the same as far as i see.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

Its a maxidyn or hi/torque engine. Its the way the governor weather its a electronic or mechanical governor is set.The maxidyn like the EM7 is set to pull down to 1100 rpm witrh a six speed trans and still have a lot of torque in the bottom rpm range but the governor pulls it back out of fuel postion at hi rpm for fuel mileage to be better.For a E 7 which is set to work with a 8 9 or 10 speed its not needing to pull down in the lower rpm so the torque is up higher rpm. The EM7 300 is under estimated for power by many. It is a work horse and will get good fuel mileage.Most of trhe time its same pistons and injectors and turbo on both but different setting for different jobs that the truck will be doing.

glenn akers