ATCA Keystone Chapter Show - July 27 & 28, 2013

farmer52

The show is scheduled for July at Lakemont Park near Altoona, PA. I attended this show last year and there were just a hand full of trucks. In addition to trucks there were farm tractors and garden tractors. I am planning to attend this year but would like to get more trucks attending the show. Please mark your calendar and plan to attend. The registration fee is $9 before July 25th and $10 the day of the show. Lakemont Park has amusement rides so bring the family.

Here is the link to the event

http://www.calendarwiz.com/calendars/popup.php?op=view&id=63364731&crd=atca&PHPSESSID=4dbb635e45e3a7a4beeffffc69467cda

Lakemont Park website:

http://www.lakemontparkfun.com/

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

• 2 months later...

Anyone planning to attend this show? The forecast is "isolated thunderstorms" on Saturday and "scattered thunderstorms" on Sunday. Temps both days in the upper 70s. The show grounds is grass and has a few wet spots. I plan to be there most of the day on Saturday (family picnic at 1p) and most of Sunday. Mrs. Farmer will be in attendence for a few hours on Saturday morning (that should draw a crowd). Hope to see some BMT members attend. BMT photo at noon Saturday. gerg.gif

Ken

Hope you have a great time Ken!

That's a little too far for "The Big Blue Machine"

Wouldn't have minded going to the truck show at Maple Grove Raceway near Reading, PA

but will be in the Poconos this weekend helping a buddy of mine with his boat!

Ron

This is the show report with pics...Saturday was cloudy with some rain. Sunday started with rain but the sky cleared around 10a and was a beautiful day for a show. I took pics of all the vehicles on display both days (I don't think I missed any vehicles). I met and talked to many nice people at the show. I even coughed up $5 and joined the Keystone Chapter.

Link to photos http://s1305.photobucket.com/user/pafarmer52/library/#/user/pafarmer52/library/2013%2007%20Keystone%20ATCA?sort=4&page=0&_suid=137505413123102892619034667071

I met two (2) BMT members, Tom "2324abmackaltoona" and Chris "oldog". Chris left it slip he is related to another BMT member named Doug Maney. BTW, Tom is the one in the red shirt and Chris is the TALL one. Tom is the owner of the 1923 Mack AB and Chris owns the 1947 Hudson Big Boy. Of course the bald headed old man is yours truly. gerg.gif I appologize if I missed other BMT members in attendence. I told Tom and Chris to not "be a stranger" to BMT and join in the fun.

post-3289-0-71701300-1375055094_thumb.jp

post-3289-0-86792100-1375055107_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Ken