Thanks bud It has been a work in progress the old truck had set along time before I got her. But slowly coming together, but you do have a week spot for the offset cabs don't you! LOL.

Don't you just love the feeling when you get something little done and stand back later and say damn, she's really coming together. Then the next day you do that, and the next day and the next day and then its beautiful. Yes, I do like them offset cabs. U models. I like DM's too though. :-)

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Don't you just love the feeling when you get something little done and stand back later and say damn, she's really coming together. Then the next day you do that, and the next day and the next day and then its beautiful. Yes, I do like them offset cabs. U models. I like DM's too though. :-)

Yea it is a good feeling but here lately it one day you fix something the next day you find something else wrong then the next you fix it then the next you find another problem, lol well it has not been taken care of so there is some issues, used and abused!

• Like 1

Yea it is a good feeling but here lately it one day you fix something the next day you find something else wrong then the next you fix it then the next you find another problem, lol well it has not been taken care of so there is some issues, used and abused!

That's the problem with alot of these trucks. Used and abused.

Keep up the good work! If you're like me, you'll never get finished with it, but the fact that you're trying to fix it up faster than you wear it out means it'll last you a long time. You can't beat an old DM for rough work.

Jake

Keep up the good work! If you're like me, you'll never get finished with it, but the fact that you're trying to fix it up faster than you wear it out means it'll last you a long time. You can't beat an old DM for rough work.

Just like you said jakebrake86, you have to fix it up faster than you wear it out, is why these trucks are getting hard to find still being used, some people will run them in the ground because they don't want to spend any money on the old trucks, but that is how they get in such bad shape like mine was getting before I got it, it is not the same truck now and if the previous owner was to see it I bet money he would want to buy it back, but for the same money of course, you have to fix them as they break not run it and watch it. The guy I got it from once told me that a mack was a poor mans truck because you could haul more on a mack broke down than any other truck, when you hear stuff like that you got to look over them I guess, if it is broke down then you should get it fixed is what I always figured. so take care of a old truck and spend a little money when needed and it will save you in the long run even if it means spending a few weekend under it turning bolts it is better than being on the side of the road.

What does the letters and the 65 mean on the rear end housing I figured I would post some pics of the engine to if anyone can tell me what I have I would love to know any info you all can give me

Don't know about the rear end maybe a 65k rear? I don't know I'm probably wrong. I could probably help with the motor though post some pictures. And what's the serial number, I can tell what motor it had from the factory with the serial number.

yea it is a 237 but the truck is a 1977 model and the engine is a 84, just wanted to know if some one could tell me anything eles, it pulls and runs really good for what it is.

1. something eles is the truck info on the cab sticker says it is a maxidyne engine, but the vavle cover says thermodyne engine on it maybe some one swap out the covers off another engine,

The "85" in the serial number means 237 from the factory. I'd say someone swapped covers off another motor if they say Thermodyne. Alot of these trucks had remanufactured motors put in them after awhile, like your truck is a 77' with a newer motor. My U685ST is a 1975 and had a remanufactured motor put in it in 1985. My truck has a 237 too.

I would like to find another engine, maybe a 300 or 350 to build as I get the money, you know a little at a time and then I will be ready if something ever happens to this one, I have found a truck with a 350 in it 2 vavle like mine but someone has put a tipturbine set up on it and I thank the 350 were all air to air, but the engine plate clearly says it a 350 hp, and it has a 13 speed eaton with it, would this be a good engine to get and swap out latter on

I would like to find another engine, maybe a 300 or 350 to build as I get the money, you know a little at a time and then I will be ready if something ever happens to this one, I have found a truck with a 350 in it 2 vavle like mine but someone has put a tipturbine set up on it and I thank the 350 were all air to air, but the engine plate clearly says it a 350 hp, and it has a 13 speed eaton with it, would this be a good engine to get and swap out latter on

237 is a good motor. I don't know if a 350 would fit in that DM.

237 is a good motor. I don't know if a 350 would fit in that DM.

oh yes they are the same engine more less, the only thing different is the aftercooler on the top of the engine for the tip turbine set up and I belive I would have to get a air cleaner with the two outlets on it, but I am pretty sure if that will clear then it should go right back in the place of the 237, but I would need to change the trans or the rear end ratio if I did that get a overdrive or get the 5.13 ratio out of the rear that 237 uses enough fuel, a 350 would drain the tanks in no time. LOL!