It IS possible after all

dds92780

Finally, I got 6.35 MPG!!! the last two days i took it really easy,
even though it was windy as hell, i took off with a good amount of
throttle, maybe half to 60 percent, never going over 50 with local driving if i didnt have
to, and i would time the lights knowing that i would get yellow so i not even be giving it much. even on the highways i would only go 55 and whenever i could get
into overdrive with enough power and not lugging it , i would, I drove all day yesterday and then put 20.2 gallons in to have enough for today,
then after today i racked up 508 miles and put another 59.8 in topping
it off for a total of 80 gallons at 508 miles, not bad huh?

This is with grossing 73000 and windy conditions then empty back.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

Ok so here is what i don't get. I drove 370 miles today for some stupid hourly job going to rockford waste treatment plant. I put in 61 gallons at the end of the day which puts me right at 6.1 mpg which i thought was good enough. Then there is another guy that has the same truck as me and did 340 miles and put in 41 gallons SO HE SAYS. That is 8.3 mpg . Is that even possible? I have to work with him again tomorrow and there is no way he is getting 8mpg and im getting 6 doing the same job and same gearing and rear end ratio with same spec truck? I just don't think he knows what he is talking about.

How much idle time did he or both have.While loading or unloading if there was any wait time. That will make a difference. HAke if it makes you feel better this trip I averaged 4.3 to 4.8 from Tooele,Ut to Clarks Summit,Pa. cruising between 55 and 65. Should get upwards of 5.6 to 6 with this trip as it is going to be light and small going south.

Yes, you all made me feel better, Today, i am doing the same job and going to drive even slower since its hourly anyways, i will post my LEGIT numbers today for you all! :SMOKIE-RT::SMOKIE-LFT:

I dont understand all the bad fuel mileage on the E67/E7 engines, I got at a minimum 6.4 and most times 7mpg with a 93 E7400 running 80,000 with a dump trailer and a 9 spd,3.86 rears, I got 6.8 religiously in my 04 Granite with a 427 ASET cranked up to who knows how much hp, running 74,000 with a T310, and 4.64 rears, I got 6.5 with my 84 Superliner grossed out pulling a dump trailer, lowboy and containers and that was a E9 putting 560 to the ground, a 12 spd and 4.42 rears, the 85 I have now got me almost 9 going to a show in Harriman and I was driving it like an idiot just to smoke guys out on the road and its got an E9 ?hp 9 spd and 3.65's. I have never driven a Mack truck that got less than 6.5mpg average, I try to drive em easy but because of the nature of the wotk and the gear ratios they arent exactly Super Econodynes. I rarely run over 1600rpm most times I get close to 1800 in the last two shifts on the interstate but thats it, and I dont just let em idle all day long I shut em off if ill be stopped more than 5 minutes or so. A lot of people dont realize how much fuel you waste on local gigs leaving the truck running all day long at your load/unload points, it adds up quick I found out by watching the older guys.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

• 4 weeks later...