Hey Folks

Neil

New Member here, no truck I am sorry to say never driven a truck professionally either, but I am a member with Barry on another forum. :chili:

Thanks for joining! You don't have to own a truck...just as long as you are a Bulldog Fan! Enjoy...

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Hello there

I am new to Forums so I will apologize in advance for stumbling around blindly on your site for awile.

I have always been a big fan of big rigs. Mack has always seemed to me to be the top dog in the realm of semi trucks. No offense to other favs like Peterbilt and such but the Bulldog on the hood

just says it all for me.

The R600s are my main interest. Especially the aussie model from Road Warrior. For now I can only afford the scale model version but someday I want to own one.

Any info on Aussie R600s would be much appreciated.

Hello there

I am new to Forums so I will apologize in advance for stumbling around blindly on your site for awile.

I have always been a big fan of big rigs. Mack has always seemed to me to be the top dog in the realm of semi trucks. No offense to other favs like Peterbilt and such but the Bulldog on the hood

just says it all for me.

The R600s are my main interest. Especially the aussie model from Road Warrior. For now I can only afford the scale model version but someday I want to own one.

Any info on Aussie R600s would be much appreciated.

I think the R and F-models might have been the last of the best of the bunch.That's why I like old trucks so much-they had "character". You used to be able to listen to a truck running and tell what engine it had-the cummins rattling,the cat knocking,detroits buzzing,and mack had a sound all it's own too.Now they all look and sound alike-not totally of course,but way more than they used to and they're all fiberglass and plastic.That's progress I guess.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I think the R and F-models might have been the last of the best of the bunch.That's why I like old trucks so much-they had "character". You used to be able to listen to a truck running and tell what engine it had-the cummins rattling,the cat knocking,detroits buzzing,and mack had a sound all it's own too.Now they all look and sound alike-not totally of course,but way more than they used to and they're all fiberglass and plastic.That's progress I guess.

Oops! That would be 3 posts just to say nice mixer. The 50s and 60s models were off the road for the most part before I was old enough to really appreciate them. Most of the oldies I see in my neck of the woods are rusting away out behind the local Clampet houses.

I agree that the older machines could tell you plenty just by the sound of the engine. No fancy diagnostics needed. You could hear them coming around the corner also.

Oops! That would be 3 posts just to say nice mixer. The 50s and 60s models were off the road for the most part before I was old enough to really appreciate them. Most of the oldies I see in my neck of the woods are rusting away out behind the local Clampet houses.

I agree that the older machines could tell you plenty just by the sound of the engine. No fancy diagnostics needed. You could hear them coming around the corner also.

Yep,when I was a kid an 860 Gmc with a 6-71 would pass by the house about every day hauling shavings,and you could hear it about 3 or 4 miles away.Thanks for the compliment on the mixer-Jeff Moore keeps telling me I should take the mixer off it and put a flat bed on it,but I told him then it would lose it's character.You see lot's of B-models with flat bed bodys on them,but I haven't seen a B-model mixer at any truck shows.I did see a rusty one behind a wrecker going west on I-68 in Cumberland,Md. last year,but I went south on 220 and it continued west,so I don't know if it was a restoration project or if it was headed to the junkyard.The former I hope!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.