R model wiring of a new ground and power wire help

So i bought an 8 inch compact powered sub to be located under the passenger seat. I already know how i am going to run the RCA wires and remote turn on lead. I am having a problem with how i am going to run a power and ground though and make it hidden. My initial thoughts were to use the passenger battery and share the power and ground??? Is there a way to route it into the cab without extra drilling? I hooked my amp for the speakers up to the fuse box constant with an o ring and not sure if i should do the same with this? I also used the cb connections on the side of the dash to run my ground for the amp of my speakers. I figured that all out but how would you guys go about hooking up the subwoofer? Thanks a bunch!

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

So i think im just going to look for a spot where it goes through the firewall of the cab and route the power and ground that way. I am going to try hooking it up to the battery directly.

Those kinda of things, I usually try to wire directly to a battery(including an inline fuse link at the battery end). Even if the unit is fused, I rather not have a glowing red wire if something gets chaffed.

Maybe get a terminal post mounted inside the truck, off one of the batteries, for your power supply. Something like this:
489872.jpg

Help isolate any "add ons" and not rely on the truck wiring to handle the load.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I have the wiring kit that comes with everything, i was just trying to think of where to get the wire to go from the passenger battery into the truck. My guess is that if i look in the firewall with the hood open i will find a spot where something can be squeezed in? Will i have to drill a new hole or do you have an idea where the best spot might be? thanks for your quick response. I am going back in the garage to look at it again for now. brb

You shouldn't have to "run" a ground wire. It only needs to be connected to the ground (you would assume the cab is grounded.) So you only need a short run to something bolted to the metal, grounded cab. For the power wire an inline fuse is a good idea. You should be able to google "speaker amp wiring kit" and fine everything you might need.