Replacement For Mack Oil Filter 236gb222

Some of us have Mack Gas Engines (707 and 464) that use the Mack part 236GB222 oil filter which is no longer available from Mack or typical jobbers (Napa etc.) Has anyone found a good replacement for this filter, or do we know of any suppliers that have new old stock still available?

The closest replacement I have found is NAPA 1133, but is has a much larger ID about 1.5 inches versus about 3/4 inch for the original. It should work but will not provide as much filter area. These are bypass filters so it may not be critical but would be better to have the same size filter if possible.

Barry has checked but has not found any so need to check with the rest of the BMT team.

Thanks for any help from the BMT team!

Firemack

I had this info emailed to me...but it is unconfirmed. If anyone can verify it, please let me know and we can start supplying the filters!

236GB222=NAPA 1237

REPLACE WITH C31PL FRAM (ADD 5/8 FLAT WASHER TO MAKE IT FIT)

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Barry,

Here are the specs on the 2 filters

Fram C31PL= NAPA 1503

NAPA 1237 NAPA 1503

Height 8.25" 8.039"

O.D. 4.5" 4. 092"

I.D. .625" .567"

It might be possible to make it work. I will ask my local NAPA dealer to get one so we can look at it and confirm the dimensions and possible fit in the filter housing.

Can you check the part number 85727 MackPro mentioned to see if that is available? We can look at that and check the dimensions on that one also.

Thanks,

Firemack

Here is what I am going to do,

Take the original assembly off, build a bracket to mount a oil filter head and spin-on filter( Baldwin OB1308 head and Baldwin B7577 filter). When you take off the mount there are 2 threaded holes, the 1/2" is the inlet for the filter and the 1/8" is for the return. Make your lines and your in business. Should be about $60 or less for head and filter, $30 or less for lines. Can't find filters no more, they were over $50 at swap meets.

Barry,

Here are the specs on the 2 filters

Fram C31PL= NAPA 1503

NAPA 1237 NAPA 1503

Height 8.25" 8.039"

O.D. 4.5" 4. 092"

I.D. .625" .567"

It might be possible to make it work. I will ask my local NAPA dealer to get one so we can look at it and confirm the dimensions and possible fit in the filter housing.

Can you check the part number 85727 MackPro mentioned to see if that is available? We can look at that and check the dimensions on that one also.

Thanks,

Firemack

John, I can't find any Mack 85727 but it is a good Carquest number. Fram would be C2926 (if it is a Carquest number)

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK