Allen's Towing

Warpman89

Anyone here familiar with Allen's Towing on Rt. 20 in Hampshire, IL? I've driven by there several times and stopped in to look around once in a while. I wish I knew more history on that place because the must have had quite a business there. They have some of the heaviest duty trucks I've ever seen. If anyone knows more about them please tell.

• 4 months later...
Anyone here familiar with Allen's Towing on Rt. 20 in Hampshire, IL? I've driven by there several times and stopped in to look around once in a while. I wish I knew more history on that place because the must have had quite a business there. They have some of the heaviest duty trucks I've ever seen. If anyone knows more about them please tell.

They claim to have been on the same spot since 1836. I called recently to ask permission to take pictures in there, "NO" was the stern reply. He wasn't too happy that others had taken pics and posted them on the 'net, either. If he feels that strongly about it, I won't take photos from the street, either.

I can highly recommend the restaurant there, however. Best biscuits and gravy in Kane County, plus attractive waitresses.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...