**HELP NEEDED** 1948 GMC 4104 Silverside Greyhound Bus broke down in NC- Need Axle!

Emergency help needed folks!!!

Only I get late-night phone calls like this....."hey Randy, any ideas where we can get an axle for a 1948 GMC 4104 Silverside Greyhound bus? It's broken down in North Carolina......"

Well shit, let me just pull my "Guide to GMC Axle Parts in North America" out of my back pocket and see.....

Anyways, a friend of a friend is broken down in NC, dont know exactly where; will know more tomorrow. I am told he needs a 3.55 rear for a 4104, however the 3.55 rear for a 3751 will also work. I told him try to find the entire axle assembly because if the bearings or pilots or anything else is shot you'll have a better chance at piecing two of them together into one.

Any ideas? Like I said I will know more tomorrow. Any thoughts appreciated.

-Yardo (RandyY)

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Randy -

I'm sure this item is since solved, but in the future for any old GM bus stuff on the East Coast, tell the folks to give Luke Bonagura at US Coach in Berlin, NJ a call - (888) 262-2434; 127 Cross Keys Road Berlin, NJ 08009. Very good with any type of older coach, big help to the bus conversion crowd.

Take care,
Brad (Souderton, PA, just down the road from you!)